James H. Bodell, a carpenter and project superintendent for over 25 years, founded Bodell Construction in 1972 with his son, Michael J. Bodell, Sr. Throughout the years Bodell Construction has worked on projects ranging from small commercial construction jobs to more diversified large scale commercial, and federal jobs.
Although Bodell Construction has grown our scope of work, we haven’t forgotten where we began. It all comes back to our people. When you have a talented group of people all working together to achieve great things your work becomes recognized. In fact, Bodell Construction has achieved several awards and recognition from the community about our commitment to excellence, which is a reflection of our people.
We are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Currently we are looking for an Assistant Project Manager.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS:: The Assistant Project Manager, having experience on a commercial and/or industrial construction site, has primary authority and responsibility for the administrative support of a project including safety, budget, schedule, quality and staff during the entire lifecycle of the project. Doing this requires curiosity, diligence and an effective project control system.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO::
- Maintain an excellent safety record. Includes being aware of all applicable safety requirements of a project.
- Support the Project Manager’s maintenance of the project profitability through effective cost control and accurate monthly internal and external financial reporting, such as billings to owner and accurate coding of job costs for labor and materials.
- Understand the contractual requirements with the client and the subcontractors.
- Execute an effective quality control program beginning with review and management of submittals followed by appropriate inspections of materials delivered and installed workmanship.
- Understand the construction process enough to be able to input and maintain the overall project schedule in Primavera scheduling program.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing estimates for changes.
- Assist the Project Manager by finding the best value in project material procurement.
- Develop a record of successful client relationships.
- Present a professional appearance for yourself and your surroundings.
- Effectively communicate with the client and the company staff.
- Manage time effectively and invest whatever time it takes to stay on top of the project.
- Seek opportunities for new experience with new skills and trades. Regularly continue education and training in work related skills.
- Ability to personally access all areas of a project site in all weather conditions.
- Effectively use Microsoft Office 365, Primavera P6 and CMiC software.
- Must be will to travel and perhaps relocate depending on project requirements.
- Reports to Project Manager and/or Project Superintendent.
- Minimum of five years of similar construction project experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction related field is preferred, and may replace up to four years experience.
- Position is exempt from overtime.